ŽILINA MODEL UNITED NATIONS 2020
After eight successful conferences it is our pleasure to invite you to participate in Žilina Model United Nations 2020 conference (22 - 24th April 2020) organized by students of the Bilingual secondary - grammar school, T. Ružičku 3 Žilina in cooperation with the town of Žilina, United Nations Information Service (UNIS), Association Franco Slovaque FRASK and other partners.
Žilina Model United Nations is a high school/secondary school academic simulation of the United Nations (the majority of delegates are between 15-20 years old). This conference aims to educate participants about current events, topics in international relations, diplomacy and the United Nations agenda and develop basic skills (argumentation, information management, public speaking, negotiation, and foreign language)
We are eager to create a motivating, creative, challenging and stimulating conference which will give you the opportunity to enjoy discussions about the major international issues with determined young debaters from many countries as well as the opportunity to meet young smart people and take advantage of cultural opportunities of our city and region.
As we try to offer a wide choice of discussion opportunities, we organize special committees for students who would like to discuss international issues in English, Spanish and French. Žilina Model United Nations conference consists of 4+1 English committees (ZAMUN), 1 Spanish committee (ESMUN) and 1 French committee (Frac).
Žilina Model United Nations consists of 4 basic parts:
1. Opening ceremony (ZAMUN, ESMUN, FRAC)
2. Committee sessions (ZAMUN, ESMUN, FRAC)
3. General assembly session (ZAMUN)
4. Closing ceremony
We will provide more information soon on our website www.zamun.sk as well as information concerning accommodation, fees, rules of procedure, allocation, registration, and the conference schedule. When the registration starts, participants will be able to choose the type of accommodation preferred (hotel/youth hostel/host family). However, their respective capacities might be limited.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on the e-mail or use the contact details published on the ŽilinaMUN website.
- arrival date - 21th April 2020
- departure day - 24th April 2020 after 15:30 (or 25th April)
- basic fee (ZAMUN) - 27€ (3xlunch, coffee breaks, kit, materials), FRAC and ESMUN individually
- accommodation - partner hotels (starting 25€/night with breakfast), host families (limited) or individual
- in case of urgent need, we can provide a 50€ credit per school in form of the conference fee discount
- full delegation support guaranteed (transfers, accommodation, preparation)
Mgr. Imrich Milo, Florian Coheur (ZAMUN supervisors, HOPE supervisors, email@example.com, +421 905 867 911)
Luis Muňoz Almazán (ESMUN supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Aldrick Berquin (Frac supervisor, email@example.com)